Display recent changes
This may help you to find out which KDE configuration files change as a result of a given KDE setting. This only works for settings that are kept in your /home/username/.kde/ directory.
- Open a terminal window and type this to make sure you’re in your /home/username directory:
- Type this to copy your .kde directory to a new directory named kdetemp:
- Change your settings in KDE Control Center, the panel, etc.
- Open a terminal window again and find out which file(s) changed by typing this to compare your .kde directory with the kdetemp directory you created:
- When you’re finished, type this to remove the kdetemp directory:
cp -a .kde kdetemp
diff -r kdetemp .kde | less
rm -rf kdetemp
Obligatory Happy Ending
And they all lived happily ever after. The end.