Boot logo with text
- Boot your computer.
- If you normally see a GRUB menu, then wait for it to come up. If you don’t, then press and hold the Shift key while the computer boots, and your GRUB menu will come up.
- Use your arrow keys to select the kernel you use.
- Press the e key.
- Use your arrow keys to move to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT line.
- Remove quiet from the line.
- Press the Ctrl and x keys at the same time to boot the computer.
- Edit your /etc/default/grub file:
- Kubuntu users type this command in a terminal window and press the Enter key:
kdesudo kate /etc/default/grub
gksudo gedit /etc/default/grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nomodeset"
- Boot Options in the Ubuntu documentation.
Obligatory Happy Ending
And they all lived happily ever after. The end.