Computer Lab Security
- Disable booting from CDROM.
- Edit the /etc/sudoers file to force the timer to run out on sudo so a password will be required every time it’s used. See man sudoers for more information.
- Remove recovery mode from your boot menu by editing the /boot/grub/menu.lst file as root.
- Set a password for your BIOS.
- Use the Pessulus package for administration of mandatory user settings in GConf, restricting what users can do.
- Use the Sabayon package to create user profile files that can be applied to user’s accounts.
Obligatory Happy Ending
And they all lived happily ever after. The end.